Washington DC Market
Smith Contract is looking for a qualified candidate to fulfill a role as Project Manager in support of a nationwide customer account. The ideal candidate has 5+ years experience in the contract furniture industry with a comprehensive understanding of the integration of furniture relative to a construction schedule. Specific knowledge of furniture assembly is helpful, but not required. Problem solving, anticipation, awareness, and communication are all very valuable attributes for this position.
A Project Manager for Smith Contract must be self-motivated, proactive, organized, and able to communicate information in a timely manner with other team members, project subcontractors, and our clients. Our team works in a telework environment and utilizes technology to stay actively engaged with team members so self-discipline is a must!
Smith Contract is a commercial office furniture dealership focused on responsive, client focused furniture solutions. Our staff is a team of self-driven individuals who enjoy working together to create a fun, productive, goal oriented office environment. Smith Contract is aligned with quality furniture manufacturers including Kimball, Inscape, OFS Brands, AIS, Global, Bernhardt, and over 100 others.
Qualified Candidate’s responsibilities would include:
• Responding to customer project budget requests
• Preparing Proposals in coordination with Project Designer for customer approval
• Responding to and managing request from customer field offices
Attending construction meetings as required
• Proactively communicating to project team members all necessary schedule, logistical, and technical information to promote a successful outcome
• Communication of important timeline, schedule, or other critical conditions to other Smith Contract team members
• Read and understand furniture and construction plans
• Quality Control review of furniture specifications relative to furniture plans to ensure accurate order processing
• Communicate and oversee installation subcontractors to be sure quality standards are maintained, code requirements are addressed, and deadlines are met.
• Conducting pre-punch reviews with installation team to identify any damaged or missing items.
• Conducting client punch reviews to communicate any identified issues and address an action plan for resolution
• Working with permit expeditors as required by local government to attain furniture permits for projects.
• Attend permit inspection reviews as required by local government
• Having fun and enjoying what you do!
• Understanding of how to read construction/furniture floorplans
• Experience and understanding of working with manufacturer Bill of Materials
• Knowledgeable in using Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word
• Willingness to do some travel
• Reliable transportation
• Must be US Citizen eligible for security clearance
• Competitive Salary
• Simple IRA Retirement Plan w/Employer contribution match
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Paid Leave
Contact Cort Smith, Managing Principal, 703.928.2339, firstname.lastname@example.org