Smith Contract is looking for a qualified candidate to fulfill a role as Market Sales Manager for our fast-growing firm. The ideal candidate has 5-10 years experience in the contract furniture industry and be very comfortable developing new relationships with both industry professionals as well as directly with end users.
A Market Sales Manager with Smith Contract is responsible for generating sales activity and the cultivation of relationships with end users and industry partners. The candidate will be expected to pursue new business opportunities through networking, cold calling, and referrals. For each new opportunity the ideal candidate would lead a support team in understanding/identifying the customer’s needs and, utilizing the vast resources available through our organization, tailoring the right solution to meet or exceed those needs.
Smith Contract is a fast-growing commercial office furniture dealership focused on responsive, client-focused furniture solutions. Our staff is a team of self-driven individuals who enjoy working together to create a fun, productive, goal-oriented office environment. Smith Contract is aligned with quality furniture manufacturers including Kimball, Inscape, OFS, AIS, Global, and over 100 others.
Qualified Candidate’s responsibilities would include:
• Network extensively for leads (business groups, real estate brokers, A&D community, local community organizations, industry organizations
• Research for leads through client/tenant/lease expirations/renewals/ moves
Coordinate lead generation programs, such as lunch and learns and networking events.
Develop professional and well-prepared solutions for clients that meet their needs of budget, function, aesthetic and timing.
• Ensure a responsible close of sale by obtaining signed sales orders (and terms & conditions, if appropriate), client purchase orders and deposits as required
• Stay involved throughout sales implementation to ensure that any bottlenecks or changes in scope are identified and resolved, and that both customer and dealership are satisfied
• Meet monthly, quarterly and yearly sales, margin and new business goals
Provide timely reports on sales forecast and new leads required
Participate in special sales programs sponsored by the dealership or in conjunction with the dealership’s designated furniture manufacturers; attends training sessions as determined by the dealership
• Knowledgeable of commercial furniture product lines, along with a strong understanding of competitors’ lines----product features, application, technical capabilities, specification, etc.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills
• Proficient in office computer software use (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Adobe)
• Ability to professionally promote one’s self and Smith Contract to industry professionals on social media platforms
• Excellent time management skills
• Handle multiple projects with deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Project a professional demeanor as well as using tact when dealing with others
• Excellent organizational skills required
Benefits: • 100% Commission tied to profitability of projects
• Draw is available and dependent on the candidate’s experience
• Simple IRA Retirement Plan w/Employer contribution match
• Quality Health Insurance • Work From Home